Frequently Asked Questions
14. How do I know if the race is full? We will put a notice up on the race information page on Set-upinc.com.
15. What is the timing system used at Set-Up, Inc. events? We are an official ChampionChip licensed timing company. We use the ChampionChip timing system. All participants wear a small timing chip during the entire race (swim, bike & run) which enables us to capture your times at key locations. You will be given a timing chip at the race - which you will return to us after the race.
16. Can I use my own timing Chip? Yes - as long as it's a ChampionChip brand timing chip. Timing chips from other chip timing companies (ie: Winning Time) will not work with our timing system. If you do own your own ChampionChip timing chip - just e-mail us with the chip number so we can make sure it's entered into our timing data base.
17. What happens if I lose the timing chip during the race? ChampionChip timing chips are not cheap. We have to replace lost chips, as we use these timing chips throughout the year. It is your responsibility to make sure that the timing chip is returned to us after the race. We will have a team of volunteers at the finish line who will make sure that your timing chip is removed. If you lose your timing chip during the race, we will automatically contact you via e-mail after the race and give you instructions for sending us a check to pay for the lost chip. The timing chip replacement cost is $30.00. We provide you with ankle straps to hold your timing chip during the race. These ankle straps do an excellent job of securing the timing chips during the race. During the 2004 race season, we experienced under 20 lost chips - with over 20,000 chip uses during the year.
18. What do I do with the timing chip if I drop out of the race and I don't come across the finish line? Bring it to the finish line and turn it in to a Set-Up, Inc. staff person. DO NOT - turn it in to a volunteer. It must be returned to the finish line.
19. When do I receive detailed race information prior to a race that I've registered for? The week of the race, we post detailed race information on www.Set-Upinc.com for all our races. In most cases we also send out an e-mail during race week to everyone who registered online for the race.
20. When and where do I pick up my race packet? We offer packet pick-up on Friday, August 19, the day before the race from 5-8 pm, and then again on race morning Saturday, August 20 from 6-7 am. Packet pick-up information for each race will be posted on the race information page.