Frequently Asked Questions
8. What about insurance or an accident? We are a USAT sanctioned event. With the sanctioning comes coverage of every participant by a USAT insurance policy. We have the insurance on file and can obtain a copy if needed.
9. Can I ride the course with my child or be in the transition area? When the race starts we ask that only the participants enter the transition area. We also ask that for safety reasons that only the participants be on the bike course. This keeps traffic down to a minimum. Because we use the champion chip system, it registers every time a person crosses the line for the swim, bike, run, and finish. If additional people are walking over these cables, it will cause the timing to be off. We welcome you to greet your proud athlete at the finish line with a big hug!
10. What if my child needs help? We have over 85 volunteers for Tri to Cure. Our volunteers are mostly triathletes, cyclists or runners. We will position them around the bike and run courses within sight distance of each other. We also have a mechanic or two out on the bike course. We will have medical personel at the finish area and an ambulance in case it is needed during the race. If your child has special medical needs please let us know.
11. What is USA Triathlon (USAT)? USAT is the national governing body for the sport of triathlon. We sanction all our races through USAT. There are a number of attractive benefits in being an annual member of USAT - including paying a lower registration fee. For more information about becoming a USAT annual member - click on the "USAT Membership" link at the bottom of our homepage.
12. How do I register? Go to www.set-upinc.com, and there will be two links for registration: one for online registration and the other for a mail-in registration option.
13. How do I know if I am registered? Go to www.set-upinc.com and click on the "Participant List" link on the right side of that page. We update these lists continuously. If you register online, there is a time delay in getting names posted on the Participant List. If your name is not on the list, check back in a day or two. We do not send out e-mail confirmations to let you know that you're registered. It is your responsibility to confirm your registration.